Houthi-Saleh militias bomb two courts in Marib

Houthi-Saleh militias bomb two courts in Marib

Alsahwa Net- The Houthi-Saleh militias on Wednesday bombed two courts in Marib.

Eyewitnesses told Alsahwa Net that the militias fired a rocket on the courts, causing much damages, pointing out that there were no victims.

Meanwhile, the Houthi-Saleh militias planted a lot of landmines in different areas of Yemen.

Engineering teams have recently managed to remove more than 36,000 landmines which had been planted by militias of the Houthis and Saleh in different areas of Marib governorates.

Since Marib has been liberated by the National Army, scores of people have been fallen killed and wounded due to the landmines planted by the militias.

The director of the engineering department of Yemen Army Brigadier Sheikh Zaid told Alarabia TV on Wednesday that thousands of mines which were found in Marib date back to World War II era, some of them were Iranian and Russian-made and others are locally manufactured

He cited that about 6,500 mines were ruined and more than 30,000 others will be ruined soon.

The Yemeni National Army has removed about 3,000 landmines from al-Bukua district in Saadah governorate.

The use of landmines by forces of the Houthis and ousted President Ali Abdullah Saleh has caused numerous civilian casualties and hinders the return of families displaced by the fighting.

"The Houthis and allied forces are showing cold-hearted cruelty toward civilians by using landmines,” said Steve Goose, arms director at Human Rights Watch. “Yemen’s warring parties should immediately stop laying mines, destroy mines in their possession and ensure that demining teams can work unimpeded so that families can safely return home.”

It further said that these landmines planted in the coast are Iranian-made, pointing out that teams of the Yemeni army are still going on removing landmines.

The militias had banned a UN team from visiting Sana'a and other areas which are still under its control, the Saudi-based Okaz newspaper said.

The coordinator of the UN Sanction Panel Ahmed Humaish said that militias of the Houthis and Saleh do not allow to the team to visit Sana'a and other areas which are under its control, describing that as violations of international treaties and conventions.

Humaish said that the UN panel have previously provided names of of the putschists to the United Nations.

 

اشترك معنا على الصحوة تليجرام

القائمة البريدية

أشترك معنا في القائمة البريدية لتصلك كل الاخبار التي تنشرها الصحوة نت

تواصل معنا

الجمهورية اليمنية

info@alsahwa-yemen.net

الصحوة نت © 2017 م

الى الأعلى