Houthi landmine kills two young men near their home after they returned from displacement

Houthi landmine kills two young men near their home after they returned from displacement

A Houthi landmine killed two young men in western Yemen on Monday, as they approached their home returning from four years of forcible displacement by the Houthi militia itself, local sources have said.

The sources said Ali Mohammed Maqbool Taher, 15, and his brother Mohamed, 18, were killed upon stepping on a mine near their house in Al-Hayet village of al-Durayhimi region in the western governorate of Hodeidah.

Yemen's Houthis, a Shia religious terror organization, are accused of having planted more two million landmines  with Iranian support and a UN support disguised as demining assistance.

 

There are no precise and updated figures of the casualties, but the landmines have left thousands of them so far according to various reports, despite the extraction of too many of them including nearly 290 thousand landmines by the Saudi demining program MASAM.

 

القائمة البريدية

أشترك معنا في القائمة البريدية لتصلك كل الاخبار التي تنشرها الصحوة نت

تواصل معنا

الجمهورية اليمنية

info@alsahwa-yemen.net

الصحوة نت © 2021 م

الى الأعلى