Gov’t condemns shutdown of Sana’a Airport

Gov’t condemns shutdown of Sana’a Airport

Alsahwa Net-The government condemned on Tuesday shutdown of Sana’a Airport against the UN relief flights by the Houthis.

The Houthis declared that they will close Sana’a airport starting effectively from Wednesday 9 September 2020 for shortage of fuel to keep running the airport.

The Foreign Ministry of the legitimate government twitter account said that the closure of the airport is a desperate attempt by the Houthis to distract the public on the stealing of YR 50 billion from revenues of fuel imports in Hodeida port.

The stolen funds were supposed to be paid as monthly payments to the public servants in line to the UN-agreed mechanism.

The government said that it agreed earlier on a UN proposal to reopen Sana’a airport to the international commercial flights, but the Houthis rejected the offer four months ago.

It explained that fuel import quantity to Hodeida increased 13 percent during the past eight months compared with the same period of the past year.

It added that the fuel shortage in the Houthis-held areas was planned on purpose by the Houthis as the imported quantity can cover eleven months.

Sana’a airport has been the life vessel to the UN aid cargo coming into Yemen as well as essential relief supply to key international organizations including the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Doctors Without Borders (MSF).

لمتابعة كل جديد أولاً بأول.. سُعداء بمتابعة قناتنا على التيليجرام

القائمة البريدية

أشترك معنا في القائمة البريدية لتصلك كل الاخبار التي تنشرها الصحوة نت

تواصل معنا

الجمهورية اليمنية

info@alsahwa-yemen.net

الصحوة نت © 2020 م

الى الأعلى