General Staff documents 328 violations of ceasefire

General Staff documents 328 violations of ceasefire

 

  Yemen General Staff has said that it documented 328 violations committed by forces of the Houthis and ousted President of Saleh during the first 18 hours of the ceasefire.

According to General Staff's statistics, most violations occurred in the city of Taiz in which 166 violations were committed, and the governorate of al-Jawaf came second with 69 violations.

The statistics also citied that 39 breaches of the ceasefire were committed in different areas of Marib.

20   violations were also committed in Nihim district, 10 in al-Dhala'a, 9 in al-Baidha, 7 in Hajjah, 5 in Shabwah and 3 in Ibb.

The Saudi-led Arab Coalition declared that the ceasefire may be extended if the Houthi rebels commit to it.

Meanwhile, The Saudi-led coalition has accused Houthi rebels of violating a two-day ceasefire that came into effect on Saturday in war-torn Yemen.

Coalition spokesman Maj. Gen. Ahmed Asiri told the Doha-based Al-Jazeera channel that 180 breaches of the truce had been registered since the ceasefire came into force at 12:00 noon in Yemen's timing (09:00 GMT) on Saturday.

The spokesman said Houthi rebels had fired a missile into southern Saudi Arabia on Saturday, but declined to give details about casualties or whether the missile had been intercepted.

Asiri, however, said the Saudi-led coalition would abide by the two-day ceasefire.

We will counter any Houthi attempt to change the military situation on the ground,” he said.

 

اشترك معنا على الصحوة تليجرام

القائمة البريدية

أشترك معنا في القائمة البريدية لتصلك كل الاخبار التي تنشرها الصحوة نت

تواصل معنا

الجمهورية اليمنية

info@alsahwa-yemen.net

الصحوة نت © 2017 م

الى الأعلى