Government accuses Houthis of holding off Stockholm agreement implementation

Government accuses Houthis of holding off Stockholm agreement implementation

Alsahwa Net- The government of Yemen renewed on Monday 15 July 2019 its accusation against the Houthis of procrastinating implementation of the Stockholm agreement on Hodeida. 

General Saghir Bin Aziz, chief of the government representatives to the Redeployment Coordination Committee (RCC) said in a televised statement to the Al-Hadath satellite television news channel that so far discussions between the RCC and representatives of the rebels and government representatives focused only on a ceasefire mechanism.

He added that the rebels’ representatives hold off talks on implementation of the first phase of redeployment in the three ports of Hodeida under tri-party supervision by the RCC that includes representatives from the Houthis, the government and UN workers. 

He said that the UN Envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths will fly on Wednesday to Sana’a to convince the Houthis to implement the first phase of redeployment.

The Houthis and the government signed in December 2018 a political agreement in Stockholm to cease fighting and withdraw from sea ports of Hodeida and Hodeida city and hand over the area to a local force that will manage the governorate under UN supervision.

However, the Houthis refuse to go for the agreement implementation and attempt to recapture areas of the city that they lost during first months of fighting with the pro-government forces in the city of Hodeida 

القائمة البريدية

أشترك معنا في القائمة البريدية لتصلك كل الاخبار التي تنشرها الصحوة نت

تواصل معنا

الجمهورية اليمنية

info@alsahwa-yemen.net

الصحوة نت © 2018 م

الى الأعلى