CSOs deplore "shameful" UN silence for Houthi atrocities in Taiz

CSOs deplore "shameful" UN silence for Houthi atrocities in Taiz

Several civil society organizations have deplored the United Nations and Humanitarian Coordinator's  "shameful silence" for the Houthi organization's atrocities in Taiz, a city which the Islamic rebels have been besieging since early 2015.

A few days ago Houthi had shelled Al-Kamp neighborhood east of the city killing and injuring four children among other civilians.

In a statement issued on Thursday, the CSOs said that "As the UN peace mediator for Yemen was meeting Houthi warlords in Sana'a, Taiz was going through a new tragedy, a Houthi shell had landed in the city's east killing two civilians including a child and injuring four others including three children."

They said that the attack amounts to a massacre and a war crime as per the Geneva conventions.

"The Houthi militia had been committing heinous atrocities against the people of Taiz, by indiscriminate shelling, planting of anti-personnel and anti-vehicle landmines indicriminately and by three years of siege, amidst a shameful international silence," read the statement.

القائمة البريدية

أشترك معنا في القائمة البريدية لتصلك كل الاخبار التي تنشرها الصحوة نت

تواصل معنا

الجمهورية اليمنية

info@alsahwa-yemen.net

الصحوة نت © 2017 م

الى الأعلى